Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two Sights That Made Me Smile On A Cold Winter Day



I bought an amaryllis this fall. I thought I planted it for Christmas blooms but both Christmas and the New Year dawned to a growing plant but no blooms. I was disappointed but kept watering and caring for the plant. Well it bloomed early this week and fully opened a couple of days ago. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a living flower blossom in the middle of a cold, dark, snowy winter! I believe I'll plant a bulb with the intention of late January blooms every year. Forgive my amateur photography. I assure you it's much more stunning in real life.




This is a picture of our cat, Starsky and his canine brother, Hutch taking a lazy afternoon nap. I warn you, I am always taking cute sleeping pet pictures. Pets can add some serious Radiance to your life. My apologies on the spacing in this post! Blogger is having some serious issues.

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your
smile can be the source of your joy.
- Thich Nhat Hanh

2 comments:

Ottavina said...

Beautiful flowers and cute animals. Thanks for posting!

Lannette said...

You're welcome! Do you have a pet Monica? I don't remember you talking about one.