Sunday, April 3, 2011

Yoga in a Hammock?

An acquaintance mentioned this emerging form of yoga called Aerial Yoga in a blog post. You won’t find a class in NH but there are classes located in Boston.
Apparently you can also practice at home. You can get quite complicated in the equipment you choose but it looks like you’d need an extra room and a pile of extra cash.

Or maybe not!


You can build your own aerial system for about $65.00.



I'm not sure how I would feel about yoga poses performed about the mat. I know I'd be at least a bit apprehensive about falling on my head. But escaping from the world to meditate in a cocoon-like sling sure sounds quite restorative.





We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. ~ George Bernard Shaw

4 comments:

Ottavina said...

Interesting.

The last picture looks like packages ready for stork pick-up.

Lannette said...

LOL! You are right, they do!

Dayna Talbot said...

Lannette....love the cocoon idea! That would be a comfy place to meditate!

Lannette said...

Hi Dayna! I think we all need a place to escape to and some days I wish I had a cocoon in which to do just that!