Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yet another Barefoot Running Update!

I just finished C25K Week 4 Run 3! I'm running in my Vibram Five Finger Shoes for a total of 16 minutes now.

I was getting bored with running on our roads and tired of being chased by two somewhat agressive dogs and decided to take my run to my favorite trail today.

This picture was taken a few weeks ago when my nephew's Flat Stanley visited for two weeks. It's a shot of a bridge I run over when I run on the trail.

I am so much more of a trail runner than a road runner! I love watching how the trail changes with the seasons. Right now there are these little white wild flowers that I think of as Swiss Alpine flowers and also tiny purple wild violets sprinkled along the sides of the trail.

So am I recommending that everyone run barefoot? No. What I do think that everyone should
do is free their feet! Heck women burned their bras in the 60s! Free those tootsies for at least a few minutes a day. Take your shoes off, root your feet into the ground and give those toes a good waggle. If your feet hurt when you're bare footed then limit the amount of time you spend bare footed (inside at first) to what is comfortable. As you walk around the house notice the different textures of your floors. If you feet hurt see if you can stand or walk in a way that makes them stop hurting. Then give them a good rub and thank them for carrying you through life.

If this idea appeals to you try the toe tapping exercises I posted. You'll find them under the Posture Rebalancing area. The formatting is mess up - sorry. I'm going to fix it but just haven't had time to do so.

I'm also working on a recipe for a natural essential oil based insect repellent. What I used today worked well but smelled strong enough that I wouldn't recommend wearing it to a picnic. I'll post the final recipe once I perfect it.

Waving bye bye to you - with my bare foot. Bwahahahaha!



As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible but more mysterious. ~ Albert Schweitzer

No comments: