Sunday, May 20, 2012

Grilled Veggies YUM!

If you are a woman of a certain age chances are I don't have to tell you how tough it can be to maintain your weight or heaven forbid !Lose weight! I'm happy to say that after a 3 year plateau - is that a record? My weight is slowly but surely dropping and I've lost inches even faster than I've been losing pounds.

I'd be less than totally honest if I said I'm indifferent to my new somewhat sleek physique. It pleases me but I can honestly say that my improving health and energy levels please me more.

Since we had beautiful weather today we fired up the fire pit tonight and I threw together my favorite side dish - grilled veggies.

First I slice and dice any and every veggie in the kitchen onto a large sheet of foil. The onions and orange peppers are hiding on the bottom of the pile.



Then I season them with whatever herbs and spices strike my fancy. Tonight I used a little garlic, and plenty of basil and margoram and a sprinkle of lemon juice. That white stuff is a little blob of coconut oil. There isn't enough research to recommend eating it in unlimited quantities but it really stands up to heat well and lends a sweet taste to whatever you prepare it with. Quick video about this this here.
Finally, put another piece of foil on top and roll the edges inward. Put it on the grill for about 15 minutes and voila, healthy belly filling goodness!

Serve it with 3 ounces of lean protein and if you're like me and can't get enough veggies - a salad and you won't be hungry when you leave the table. And of course don't forget dessert - yes there has to be dessert ! But that's another blog post.

Lannette

1 comment:

Lannette said...

I made this last weekend using fresh herbs from the garden for seasoning! What a difference those fresh herbs made. I HAVE to find a way to keep my favorite herbs going once the weather gets colder.