Friday, June 29, 2012

Killing Yourself to Get Fit?

If some is good more is better - NOT! Most of us - me included these days - struggle to find enough time in our day to sustain regular exercise. The flip side of that is overexercise - a state of mind I've visited earlier in my life.

THIS article outlines the problem beautifully.

I'll also tell you that it's not only extreme exercise that can burn you out and make you sick. Just being overbooked, in emotional overdrive, running around every minute of every day can have the same end result. I know. I've experienced it and am taking steps to make sure it never happens again.

Interestingly enough this kind of overkill doesn't always result in a thinner more sleek physique. Quite the opposite.

We mere mortals don't have all the lotions and potions and nannies and house staff available to the rich and famous so we have to try to do it all in addition to the extreme exercise or busy life. In the end something has to give and it's usually our health. Trust me, I'm talking from experience.

Wishing you a day of happy, joyful moderation!

No comments: