Monday, June 25, 2012

Using Ballet Arm Workouts , T-Tapp and getting "Results"

Despite my previous post about the dark side of professional ballet I love it! Yes, I love ballet and I love ballet workouts. To deny it would be less than honest. The great thing is that Ballet workouts - like pretty much all other workouts - are compatable with T-Tapp.

I can hear your brain cranking - "Will I get better results if I add Ballet to T-Tapp?" My answer to that is, "It depends." It depends on what you are looking for and how you define "Better Results."
What I can assure you of is that you will get "different" results than you would get with T-Tapp or Ballet alone. I can't predict what those results will be but there is no harm in experimentation.

I hope that Ballet Beautiful won't mind me using this pic.
Her DVD does have a 15 minute segment perfect for use as an add-on.
Please note that true experimentation is different than workout jumping. I see too many women who jump from workout to workout in an effort to find those elusive "perfect results." Some even have a stack of unused workouts that were cast aside when the next sure thing came along before they were able to try to last sure thing.

So how to mix them? There are a variety of ways. The easiest may be to alternate them.
T-tapp arms, cardio, Ballet arms - repeat and take a rest day. Voila! Schedule.

Another approach would be to use T-Tapp Tempo arms or UB two to three days of the week and tack on a short ballet arms segment. Or do a ballet workout that includes arms after doing PBS and then tack on a set or two of T-Tapp arms. Please notice that in neither case did I say to do both workouts back to back in their entirety. It's not about doing more, it's about mixing two different arm shaping methods and finding out what works best for you.

Finally, if you are going to mix T-Tapp with ballet arms give it time. If you don't like the result it's easy enough to change it - honest. It's going to take 6-8 weeks minimum to see where your body will go with this so be brave, buck up and commit to 6-8 or even 12 weeks if you're brave enough. Yeah, I know that 12 weeks is 3 months!

If you read this and are planning to try it or have already tried it I'd love to hear what your plan is or was.

Ballet DVDs with easy to tack on arms segments: I mentioned Ballet Beautiful above. I'll reply to this thread to add some as I discover or hear about them and readers please feel free to do the same.

2 comments:

Lannette said...

I thought of another good add-on for a T-Tapp arms workout. Physique 57 has a 35 minute DVD called Arm and Ab Booster.

I'm not a huge fan of Physique 57 but I really enjoyed this DVD the few times I tried it. It isn't chaptered but starts off with light weights, fairly high reps for about 15 minutes.

Even if you do the whole thing it's just over 30 minutes so you could mix it with TT arms and still come in close to an hour.

Lannette Madden said...

After using Leah Sarago's Ballet Body downloads I can recommend the Upper body downloads as add-ons for T-Tapp arms. The longer downloads that I've experienced seem to be quite repetitive. For me those that come in right around the 15 minute mark seen to be just right.