Monday, July 9, 2012

Being Grateful For What We Have

I am Grateful for the lovely Summer Sunsets
we are treated to from our front porch.
I'll be the first to admit that, depending upon your circumstances, this may not be easy to do. I'll also share, from personal experience, that it gets easier with practice, no matter your circumstances.

I spend a few brief moments being grateful pretty much every morning. It's become a part of my day. I won't say that I never miss it. I will say that when I miss it - well - I miss it. In other words my day just isn't the same without it.

I used to simply try to be open to recognizing and then acknowledging the good things that flow through each day. I still do this but have found that having a brief daily contemplative practice helps to set the tone of my day. I benefit from it both mentally and spiritually.

I guess you could say that I'm grateful for having discovered this gratuity practice.

No comments: