Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy July 4th


http://www.celebrationsparklers.com
Maybe it's because the holiday is in the middle of the week. Maybe it's just because I tend to be pensive these days. My thoughts today keep coming back to how very complicated a life we Americans live.

We're constantly barraged by messages that tell us that our homes, lives, cars, diet, waistlines and on and on are less than they should be. Boil is down and the message is that WE are less than we should be. No worries though because if we only buy this that or the other thing we'll fix the deficiency right up and be living the perfect life in no time flat. NOT!

For years and year and years I kept telling myself that I needed to find balance in my life. I now realize that's not what I'm craving at all. What I'm craving is simplicity and the space that results when you live a more simple life. I guess knowing that is a real step toward knowing what I want this life of mine to look like. Yay me! Oh and YES, Happy 4th of July to you!

"The more you have, the more you are occupied. The less you have, the more free you are."
- Mother Theresa

No comments: