Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thought for the weekend: Simplified Cleaning

I love a sparkly clean bathroom. Unfortunately soapscum can make that an upward battle. I know all about those shower sprays that you can buy in the cleaning product aisle. I also know about something that works just as well and costs pennies.

Name brand or off brand
They work equally well
WHITE VINEGAR! Yep, that's right! You can use it straight or mix half vinegar and half water. Put it in a spray bottle and mist your shower or tub surround after each use. Keeping the tub sparkly will be much easier and you'll be doing Mother Earth and your pocketbook a favor too. Works for sink bowls too.
The bathroom will smell of vinegar at first but after a few minutes the odor fades with it will go any other odors that might be hiding out in your bathroom.

"A penny saved is a penny earned." - Benjamin Franklin

I'm trying to identify areas of my life were I might simplify and then actually doing it - how about you? It's an amazingly soul satisfying hobby.

No comments: