Friday, August 31, 2012

"You've got to follow your passion. You've got to figure out what it is you love - who you really are. And have the courage to do that. I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams."
- Oprah Winfrey

I've mentioned before that for me Fridays are a kind of cleanse day. That can mean a variety of activities depending upon my needs and whims. Basically, I try to keep everything about the day as simple as possible. Doing so frees my mind. Having a free and open mind allows me to ponder the ideas put forth in the above quote.

I honestly feel that you don't have a rat's @ss of a chance of knowing what you love and then finding your passion and then developing the courage to follow your authentic dreams if you don't know who you really are.

It all starts with knowing yourself and from there you can begin to picture what you want your life to look like.

My challenge to you this day is to ponder exactly who you are and whether you are happy with who you are now or long for something more. If so what does that something more look like?

No comments: