Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Last PACE Review Workout

This post was written previously but referrs to my impressions of the PACE workout program I was given to review.

Despite having a really long day yesterday I did manage to get my workouts done. As planned I did BWO+ and Week 2 Day 6 of PACE. The workout was a new one! This surprised me and pleased me. Unfortunately the disk skipped.

I don't believe it was the fault of the dvd but rather the fault of the portable player on which I was playing it. In honesty it crossed my mind to just use it as an excuse and not finish but I didn't give in.
Instead I attempted to the best of my ability - and the ability of the dvd player - to recue the part that had skipped and pick up where I left off.

When it skipped again during the last section I couldn't manage to cue it properly and after a bit of frustration just decided to repeat the first section, since the movements are the same and beef up my performance to take it to a level 9. That worked well enough and I finished in good form and at a decent heart rate.

This workout had a lot of getting down on the mat and then getting back up again. I'm still not sure how I feel about that. It just goes against the grain of what I typically think of as aerobic workouts - even interval aerobic workouts.

So today is a rest day and then I'm supposed to start again tomorrow. EXCEPT that I'm going on retreat for the weekend and won't have electricity. I will be able to do T-Tapp but no PACE. Well maybe late on Sunday when I return. I could probably write down the next PACE workout moves and try to find time to do it on Saturday but packing up your life and bringing it along is really not what retreat is all about. LOL So at most it will be T-Tapp BWO+. I make an exception for that workout because I feel that it opens me energetically and that does fit in with the concept of retreat.

Real Time Notes: And THAT was the end of my PACE workouts. I, in fact didn't find time to do T-Tapp at retreat. I returned home with my head buzzing with new ideas I needed to process. I continued to exercise regularly but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't convince myself that I should pick back off where I left off with PACE.

I think that my PACE experience might have been different had I not tried to mix T-Tapp in. That said, it must be noted that I obviously missed my T-Tapp and Egoscue workouts enough to want to mix them in. So clearly doing PACE alone wasn't enough for me.

At some point I might use some of the remaining workouts as cardio days or on days when I'm short on time. If I do I'll review them. On second thought because it has a lot of body weight movements built in it's a hard workout to potentially add on. I would think it would be much better added to a weight day than as cardio. I also want to take the time to write down a bit of info about the contents of the Set because it is a very complete set.

During the course of my body my DH did comment that my body, especially my arms were beginning to become muscular. I over-build muscle at the drop of a hat but not from T-Tapp so the PACE exercises were certainly doing what they say they will do. Other than that I can't say much about results - I didn't follow the PACE diet.

No comments: