Thursday, September 6, 2012

T-Tapp then PACE

This post was written previously but referrs to my impressions of the PACE workout program I was given to review.

I got up at half past obscene o'clock and did BWO+ this morning as planned. I never tire of this workout. I can always count on this workout for a good old sweaty wake up.

Then tonight I did Pace Week 2 Workout 3. It was another repeat. Week Two hasn't been in the same order as Week 1 but the workouts are repeats. I kept telling myself that it shouldn't bother me. I've done T-Tapp BWO+ more times than I can count. Back when the Firm first came out I did FirmVolume-one 6 days a week for something like 2 years! Maybe it's the fact that it's because it's the same 8 moves repeated for 30 seconds each, with the entire sequence repeating 3 times? Whatever the reason the repeat left me feeling a little miffed.

I can't help wondering why they didn't just give you one dvd and a list of how to rotate the workouts. I guess that wouldn't look like you were getting as much for your money? Oh well, it could be that weeks 1&2 repeat and then weeks 3&4 are different. I guess time will tell.

Real Time Notes: I'm cracking up as I cut and paste these old entries from my journal. Though I couldn't see it then I can really tell that I was starting to burn out. Adding T-Tapp - as strenous as it is for me - was clearly the last thing I needed to do. By doing it I turned what was designed to be used 6 days a week into a workout that probably should have been done no more than a couple times weekly. This took place during the time when I was still pretty tired but trying hard to come back - probably trying too hard. Getting up at half past obscene o'clock was the last thing I needed. This is why keeping a workout journal is a very good thing. You can look back and learn from your experiences.

No comments: