Friday, September 7, 2012

Thought For The Weekend

"Other people and things can stop you temporarily. You're the only one who can do it permanently." - Zig Ziglar

Do you ever start off after a goal like a house a fire (another of my grannies sayings) only to suddenly lose steam and peeter out. (yeah that's her saying too)

It happens to me too and it used to really upset me. I take a different view these days. Consider this, if you know yourself and you know what you really want out of life do you think you'd peeter out on the way to achieving it? I don't think so. So when I peeter out on a goal I examine whether achieving it would have really taken me a step or two or three in the right direction and you know what? Most times it really wouldn't have. So peetering out is a kind of gift because it allows me to re-examine where I am and reset the wheel of this great big old boat I call my life into a better direction.

The cool thing about that is you don't waste any time berating yourself or second guessing yourself.

My challenge to you today is to consider your life and times when you set off toward a goal but then peetered out. Was there a reason why that goal wasn't right for you and if it was is there something you could do to make it work if you gave it a second shot? Then if you really want to have fun use the saying "peetered out" a few times while talking to people and watch their reaction, depending upon their age they might not even know what you're talking about. HA!

No comments: