Monday, October 15, 2012

Ballet Body PS1: Recovery Week 8 WO 1

This is recovery!?! Yes, that was my first thought when I noticed that I'd be working out for almost 1 hour and 20 minutes in order to finish the first recovery workout for week 8.

I did indeed finish the workout. I did enjoy parts of it. I could feel that I've definitely gotten stronger. The workout was challenging despire being stronger because I couldn't help but go deeper into the form and that intensified things.

I'll officially go on record as being a total hater of Leah's bridge work. It's long, it's incredibly repetitive - incredibly. Imagine doing the same repetitive 3 move sequence in 3 different variations one one leg and then the other. Then repeat the whole thing on both legs. Then do a slightly shorted version on each leg just to make sure that you hit it all from every angle! I'm enough of a dork to wonder if there is some kind of method to her madness and therefore did it all. This could be the deal breaker for me in the future though. Unless of course it turns my back body into a thing of beauty. HA!

The only thing that kept me going was her wonderful Stretching on the Water Sequence, which I had chosen to use for a stretch. I really enjoy this segment.

Having gotten through the longest workout of the week and knowning that I don't necessarily have to suffer through the bridge work again I know I'll get through this week.

Part of me wonders if the bridge work would be so incredibly awful if I tried it as part of a shorter workout. I don't really want to discover the answer to that question but if all sense leaves me I might give it a go this week. [smacks forehead] I am such a  dork!

1 comment:

Lannette Madden said...

Coming in to update this. Second workout of the week is all stretching. I discovered another wonder stretching sequence titled Stretching for hips/hamstrings. Third workout is an hour long but is definitely recovery oriented with stretching to finish. I chose Stretching on the water again. If you buy only one download THIS is the a wonderful choice. {sigh}