Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ballet Body: PS1 Weeks 1-3 Workout 3

I'm writing this quick review having performed this workout once a week for the last three weeks.

This workout was longer than the previous two clocking in at about 1 hour 19 minutes. It also felt slightly more difficult than the previous workouts even with the extra time accounted for.

I didn't expect to actually follow this rotation but I admit to being intriqued. Leah is very big on alignment. Sometimes her alignment is very similar to T-Tapp and sometimes it's quite different but it is always well thought out. The sensation of feeling stronger in a workout while still being increasingly challenged from week to week is also something I've never felt other than with T-Tapp workouts and that  makes me want to continue with the shedule to see if it will continue.

Leah also talks alot about training your abs flat and taking your upper traps and back out of posterior delt work. I've heard many instructors speak of these concepts over the years. Where abs are concerned T-Tapp form forces them to train flat. Leah is the first person that I've ever seen actually teach you how to feel what she is talking about through the movements she teaches. You don't necessarily feel this at first but the more you do the workouts the more it seems to click. I'm very interested in how this increased proprioception will change my T-Tapp workouts. I honestly think that the change will be a good one.

At this point I'd have to say that Ballet Body is the most T-Tapp compatible workout I've ever experienced up to this point.

No comments: