Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ballet Body PS1 Recovery Week 12

HMMMM! If I had to sum up how this workout made me feel in two words I'd say; Accomplished and relaxed.

There were repetitive parts that drove me a bit crazy but there were parts I actually enjoyed. The abs/core section was especially enjoyable even while being quite challenging. I can't believe I'm going to type this but the bridge section wasn't half bad. This is probably because I felt like I could work more deeply than previously but also because it was followed by "Stretching on the Water." I could almost forgive Leah anything as long as she tacks this segment onto the end of the workout.

I can't believe that I made it this far! When I finish this week I'll have finished half of this periodization schedule. Despite the huge jump in intensity that each month seems to take I'm very tempted to continue on to the last month of strength. I guess we'll see.

For the rest of the week the schedule calls for a repeat of the workout I did tonight once more and then a day of stretching. Actually the day of stretching is supposed to be sandwiched between repeats of tonight's workout. I believe I will use Ecoscue as my stretch workout because I want to see how it feels after all this time.

Editing this to add that this is a full body workout with 15 minutes of stretching that runs 1 hour 25 minutes.

1 comment:

Lannette Madden said...

I forgot to talk about muscle reaction to the workout. Because I worked more deeply there was some mild "muscle awareness" the next day but nothing to speak of by the second day after.