Friday, November 16, 2012

Thought for the Weekend


"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
- Antonio Smith

Last few minutes of the sunset from our porch

After a busy day at work I rushed home (honoring all speed limits of course:) before it got too dark to take Hutch and Reilly for their walk. As usual they were waiting at the door. I said hello and raced upstairs to throw my hiking boots on. They were so excited about the walk that they lifted their short little legs to help me get them into their harnesses and off we went.

I'm usually hungry and tired when I get home after a long day but I never feel put out to walk "my" boys. It's a special time we share. Tonight it was all the more special. As we turned out of the driveway the sky was turning the most beautiful shades of pink.

I was able to watch the sky darken from pink to deep reds as we walked and as we turned back down the driveway to return home the sun was in the last minutes of setting. Of course I didn't have a camera or phone with me as we walked. I ended up grabbing the camera and snapping the above picture right before the sun set.

Then it was back inside to make dinner, eat and do the evening chores and study for a while before bed. The evening felt different though for having experienced that magical 30 minutes where we were able to take part in the light show put on by the Autumn sun.

No comments: