Thursday, December 6, 2012

Guilt-Free Holiday Indulgence Tips

1. Choose wisely and savor what you choose.

2. Drink plenty of water - I'll drink as much as 4 ounces for each treat. Water helps your body flush out the excess salt that most treats contain. It also helps you feel full so you aren't tempted to eat even more.

3. For every day you indulge do at least one or two sets of Hoe Downs preferably at least a set after you indulge. We used to call them the fat busting move but now we know that they actually bust carbs. It works so take advantage of it. (Video below)

4.) Try not to go to a treat fest starving. Getting three healthy meals is more important than ever during the holiday season.

5.) When faced with a buffet table or table of sweets make wise choices. I always mentally tell myself that none of this food is leaving the Earth tomorrow. If I don't eat it ALL today it will still be there tomorrow - Maybe not so readily available, but still available. :) Then I scope it out, make my decision and chose a couple of treats.

 


I'm writing this post for myself as much as everyone else. Yesterday I was faced with a delicious assortment of sweets. I judiciously chose three small treats but then went back to work and got busy and didn't drink water or do Hoe Downs. Since I very rarely eat sugar I ended up with a headache and not feeling great later in the day. Had I taken the time to drink a glass of water and do a set of Hoe Downs I don't believe the effects would have been so apparent. That's a mistake I won't make again!
 

No comments: