Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Restless Leg Syndrome and Sleep: This can really help!

Or I guess that would be lack of sleep. If you suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome you don't need an explanation of what the syndrome feels like. If you sleep in the same bed as someone with RLS you probably understand how it impacts their sleep cycle because its most likely impacting yours too!

THIS article talks about how massage therapy can impact Restless Leg Syndrome as well as other sleep disorders. But that's not what I most want to tell you. My clients with RLS have been greatly benefitting from the toe tap exercises I blogged about in 5/11. You can find those exercises HERE.

I'm sorry that my description isn't more clear. I do hope to get a short video or pictures up at some point. Even done inperfectly these exercises do help improve circulation in the lower legs. I had a patient who had  improved vascular studies to prove it. I also have had multiple patients and clients who reported that their restless leg syndrome improves after doing these exercises consistently.

They sound and look simple but really do work.  They can also benefit anyone who runs, hikes, plays basketball or performs any other activity where lower leg endurance is beneficial. The best part is that they can be performed any time you find yourself seated.

My challenge to you is to give them a try for 3-5 minutes and see how they feel.

No comments: