Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Winter Bath

Make it an anti-inflammatory experience. Seriously! This time of year can be so stressful. One holiday piggybacks on top of the one before it. We're inundated with ads. We're usually making a stab at creating the perfect holiday for our families. A great way to create space in your day is to plan and then actually take the time to enjoy a winter bath.

You can find a great article on this very subject by clicking this link.

I also value a warm soak in my old fashioned cast iron tub for the antiinflammatory properties it can provide. It can be as simple as a handful of epsom salts and a few drops of essential oil. If I'm feeling stressed or just need a great nights sleep I particularly like Swiss Just AntiStress activator essential oil blend. Teaming up breathwork with a winter bath takes it up a whole level. {sigh}

There are so many different bath combos you can create with items you already have in the house. On a cautionary note I was told that one should never add more than 10 drops of essential oil maximum to a bath. I've followed this rule for years and it's always served me well.

My challenge to you is to plan a winter bath and then gift yourself the time to relax while you soak.

 

No comments: