Friday, December 7, 2012

Thought for the Weekend: Once there was a little old ant

"Always continue the climb. It is possible for you to do whatever you choose, if you first get to know who you are and are willing to work with a power that is greater than ourselves to do it." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox


http://fictiveme.tumblr.com/post/9249604789/there-are-things-bigger-than-yourself-i-need-to
This can be a hard one to read and believe if you're struggling to make changes in your life, or work or even if you just have so much going on that you find it hard to keep it all straight let alone moving in a forward direction.

Two things usually pull me out of a mental spin. First, I stop and determine whether or not I'm being true to myself and my path and if not I get myself right. Second I stop to remember that I'm not the biggest fish in the sea and take time to reconnect with the power greater than myself.

Reaching out and making that connection on a daily basis keeps me grounded and sane when things are so crazy that I'd swear the Earth had tilted totally sideways on its axis and had stopped spinning around the sun.  

How, you might wonder do I get myself right when I determine I'm off course? This is a two parter as well.

In reconnecting with the divine I ask for guidance and then stay open enough to see it when it shows up in my life. That means unraveling stress and allowing myself to trust that the answer will show up and when it does it will be the right answer.

Then, and you're going to laugh at this one, I usually go back to goal setting and planning. Sorry that's so mundane. But it can be grounding when you're feeling life spin out of control.

Wow!  I just gave you a sneak peek into an area of my life I usually keep ultra private. I'm tempted to delete but since it made its way onto the page I'll leave it.

Your challenge today is to think about how you respond when you find life spinning out of conrol and whether your reaction serves your life path and/or your goals.

Hint: If You never ever feel stressed or like life is spinning out of control you have it all together and should probably consider teaching a course.

 

No comments: