Sunday, January 13, 2013

Food IS Medicine!

I'm reading Dr. Joel Fuhrman's new book,The End of Diabetes: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes. I plan to review it once I'm finished reading.

Over the years as I've continued to read and study the body a repeating theme is always present no matter what the study source. That theme is the body's ability to regenerate if it's given the proper tools with which to work. One of those tools is without a doubt food.

The following videos are perfect examples of this ability.

 
 
 
So if food is so powerful, why don't we all just eat the foods that will support health improvements?
Emily Boller has some compelling thoughts on this. I think she is right on track.
 
 
 It's interesting that even when we're really ill, most of the nation will not move to a higher level of nutrion - often because they "just want to eat like a normal person." To that I guess I'd say, "We are what we eat!" and also the new normal is diabetes, heart disease, cancer and arthritis. Normal? NORMAL? No thank you!
 
My challenge to you is to examine your eating habits and your health. Are your eating habits supporting higher level health and wellness? If not, what changes are you willing to make to move to that level of wellness?

 

No comments: