Thursday, February 28, 2013

Holistic Aromatherapy

One of the first things I do when I open my massage office is to lightly infuse the air with aromatherapy. For my established clients I often know what they prefer. If I know that they will be going home to relax after their massage my choice will be different than if they've told me they will be active post massage.

Aromatherapy can definitely be a great addition to your personal wellness plan. It can bring stress relieve. You can use it to invigorate when you'd rather not use caffeine. I've previously talked about using it in the bath. Essential oils can also be added to pure oil - jojoba is my favorite - and used on the skin and hair.

THIS article is titled Holistic Aromatherapy and provides a number of blends you can make for use at home - or if you're a massage therapist perhaps in the office. There are also some other great related articles on the side bar.

My challenge to you is to try to be aware of the scents around you - natural and artificial - and then be aware of how they make you feel.

No comments: