Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Take T-Tapp to the Office Day: More thoughts on HH4MM & SF

After finishing a bootcamp using both Healthy Hormones for Menopause Management with the new Senior Fit I'm finding that I love the complimentary nature of these two DVDs. What a power team they are! I'm loving all the options they give. The form tips are consistent across the DVDs but the lengths of the workouts and the different ways I can use them makes the pair a very powerful tool in my fitness, no make that, wellness toolbox.

After the first couple times of using both workouts I realized that these workouts are also chock full of short movements that you can take with you to work to reverse the postural distortion and even the stress of your work day. This can be accomplished a few seconds at a time if you just stop to take a break periodically. The movements are especially helpful to massage therapists and anyone who works from a position that is over a patient or client.

When I finish with one client I like to turn over my space and then do a movement or two. The clap away move is brilliant for opening up my chest and releasing my upper back even as the clapping helps to move the energy in the room and give it a fresh feel. Hunches with jazz hands into hunches with progressives all leading to a second set of clap aways reenergizes my fingers. Follow it with a set of kickaways and you're ready for the next client.

After a major break like lunch a set of hoedowns gets me up and moving before you know it. No after meal groggies. These same ideas could be modified for any workplace application. These are just one example. There are other exercises that could be tucked into your day.

The best thing about using these fast powerful movements to reenergize and reset your day is that you'll be reinforcing the positive changes you're working toward with your T-Tapp workouts. The idea is not to make it a chore but to use these powerful but a little oasis of power movement that you do to care for yourself in the midst of caring for others.

2 comments:

Dayna Talbot said...

Sounds good Lannette....look forward to checking out the T Tapp! And getting a massage...

Lannette Madden said...

Hi Dayna,

Email me when you're going to be around and we can arrange for both. :)