Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Green Tea for Skin Health?

Dr. Perricone, Oprah, and Dr. Oz all tout the benefits of green tea. You can find a pretty straight forward article on the benefits of green tea at Web MD. To be honest I hadn't heard the link between green tea and skin health - living under a rock I guess - until a friend gifted me with some absolutely delicious green tea and I did a search in order to purchase more. There's some info on the green tea and skin health connection HERE.

I love the ceremony of brewing loose tea so I ordered  the Tea Forte KATI Tea Brewing System Green Leaves. I also ordered Tea Forte Skin Smart Loose Tea Canister-Cucumber Mint tea. It makes 50 cups so I consider it a bargain.


I might actually gift myself with this Tea Forte Skin Smart Gift Set

to take to work. I'll also admit that I typically do not enjoy green tea while I love black tea. This tea, while green, really appealed to me, which is why I decided to buy more once I used up the bags my friend had shared.

The main Tea Forte site is HERE. I linked to info on the benefits of tea. They actually have a lot of interesting info on tea and the history of tea. They claim that the caffeine content is the same, whether the tea is white green or black. It's the brewing time that changes the content.

They have specials and free shipping when you purcase at least $50.00 worth of products. Amazon.com provides free shipping on a $25.00 order which might be more like it if you're interesting in trying the tea without a huge $$ committment.

 

3 comments:

Lannette Madden said...



I'm feeling compelled to add onto this post prior to allowing it to go live. Immediately after writing it I thought about my post from two days ago and felt like perhaps I shouldn't have ordered the mug. Thing is, the mug is replacing an entire tea service for 4 that I will be giving away.

My son bought me a beautiful tea service when he was in Hong Kong. We use that when I serve tea to the family or guests. I treasure it.

I also had a small glass service for 4 that I honestly only use to brew tea for myself. I think that the Tea Forte mug will be a better fit since I won't feel as though I should drink the whole pot as not to waste it. OR worse yet skip the ritual of brewing a cup of tea to avoid that risk.

Over the next few months I'm planning a serious kitchen downsize. I share some of the process and the sources for the ideas for downsizing.

Bee said...

Lannette, I am bee from vf. I'm really enjoying your blog (and coincidentally I'm trying to let go of things at my house, too. A long way to go before I sleep!). Was just looking at the tea for an order -- I love tea, but like you, I prefer black, but I'd love to give this a go. What flavor do you like the best? Maybe I haven't come across it yet, but wish they had a sampler set of the skin varieties in bags.

Lannette Madden said...

Hi Bee,
I'm glad that you're enjoying the blog and also it's nice to know that there's another person out there struggling with letting go of things.

The Cherry Marzipan is very good but so is the Lychee Coconut. IIRC the Honey Yuzu was an herbal. I had one mug of each. The only flavor I didn't get to taste was the cucumber mint. I love cucumber and I love mint so I based upon the quality of the ones I tasted I decided to order it. It should be here by early next week. I'll comment here once I taste it.