Saturday, March 9, 2013

Voila! No bottle flavored water

http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/251/Easy+Fruit+%26+Herb+Flavored+Water
Flavoring your own water is simple.

I start with a one Quart mason jar and our cold filtered artesian well water. YUM!

If you click on the link under the picture you'll go to a blog with lots of great recipes.

Most of them are quite pricey but you can start at a lower price point.

I suggest that you might want to begin a bit more simply.  My recommendation would be to try single flavors first, cucumber, orange, lemon, lime.

Which flavors do you like best? You may surprise yourself because fruits and veggies you love to eat won't necessarily row your boat when used to flavor water, on the other hand you may love them!

Once you get an idea of what you enjoy you can start to mix and match to create water blends. If you're used to highly flavored drinks you'll most likely have to start out like the pictured jars above and do almost half fruit to water. You can pare that down as you get used to a more subtle taste experience.

Does the cutting and soaking of fruit sound like just too darn much to face? Do what I do at work! I fill my covered water cup with ice cold water and drop in an herbal tea bag. I usually get at least 24 ounces of flavored water per tea bag. There are tons of different herbal tea flavors which gives me as much variety as I could wish for. This is a great approach during the dead of the winter when fruits and veggies cost an arm and a leg.

*My friends are the best friends
Loyal, willing and able.
Now let’s get to drinking!
All mason jars off the table!
                        *an Irish drinking toast with a slight twist                        
 

No comments: