Monday, April 29, 2013

Spring Has Sprung: Playing Hooky

"If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall."  ~Nadine Stair

As I typed that subject line I wondered how many people who read it would understand what "playing hooky" is.

I'm quite late in getting this "thought for the weekend" up on the blog. So late in fact that it's more of a thought for the week.

Spring has sprung and we had a beautiful weekend. I decided to play hooky from blog posts and concentrate on all things garden and home.

We've planned our biggest and best garden ever for this year. That's not saying much as we typically don't plant a huge garden. That doesn't change the fact that it's a big in comparison to previous gardens and a huge commitment for us to undertake.

We've taken the first step in the kitchen redo. Not a huge step but a step and thus a commitment to move forward none-the-less. Hey, We're going to need an organized, up to date space in which to cook all those vegetables we'll be harvesting, right?

No comments: