Friday, April 12, 2013

Taking That Final Step Toward True and Lasting Change

“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.”   ― Joel Osteen

I really enjoy motivational quotes that can be applied to multiple areas of my life. It allows me to hold onto the quote and ponder it for a while, or for a whole day - or whatever amount of time feels right.

This quote is like that. When we move forward, whether that forward movement is moving to a new healthy eating plan or regular exercise, or skin brushing regularly or a new career or ______ you fill in the blank we are pretty much always leaving something behind. I think it's the leaving behind part that can be the sticking point.

It's scary to leave something behind. It feels a little like you're leaving a bit of yourself or at least your identity behind. I guess when we get down to the bottom line, we have to be willing  - or maybe I should say willing - to swim in the ripples of change we create. Something to think about - especially if the changes you want to make are eluding you.

 

No comments: