Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Another Morning Time Saver

http://www.123rf.com/photo_11724108_left-blue-eye-of
-child-with-long-eyelashes-close-up.html
When I was in my 20s I used to dye my eyelashes during the summer to avoid needing mascara and the raccoon eyes it gives you when you swim. Back then the process often ended up stinging and at the time I thought the end result was worth the pain of application. Hindsight, I'm probably lucky that I'm not blind.

Fast forward and I decided to check out whether or not the process has evolved. It has and I decided to give it a try.
 
I've now used this kit twice. I didn't use it exactly per the directions but I think the way I used it makes it much easier - no more difficult than applying a few layers of mascara in fact.
 
I also purchased these. I use the disposable mascara wands to apply the gel just like mascara. Since I'm pretty good at applying mascara I didn't have to apply any Vaseline to the skin around my lashes. Then I wait one minute and apply the second solution and when everything is set I rinse my lashes with my eyes closed tightly. Voila! Black lashes!

This will only color your lashes, it won't make them thicker. It also won't hold the curl from a curling wand. If you decide to apply mascara you only need one quick swoop to thicken and hold the curl - if you curl your lashes.

On another note: I am finding my eyelashes have gotten longer since I began using  Nerium as a night cream. Yes, I do apply it very carefully around my eyes. So far I haven't gone blind from the Nerium or the eyelash dye but if you decide to try either of these activities  please know you're doing them at your own risk. :)

Are dyed eyelashes pro-aging? The more I think about it the more I come to the conclusion that anything that simplifies my life, allows me to feel more comfortable in my own skin and isn't something that tries to change who I am fits the bill.
 

No comments: