Thursday, June 20, 2013

Keeping it Clean While Keeping it Green

This is an interesting CBS News article. Basically they look at common not-so-green under the sink items and then substitute green items for them for about the same price point a little less even.

I personally think that they could do better by mixing up their own window cleaner and mixing some Mrs. Meyer's cleaning solution into a spray bottle as a surface cleaner.

One product from their "green" list that I can vouch for is Twist - European Sponge Cloths . I use them to cut down on paper towel use. I keep one in the kitchen and one in each of our two bathrooms. Once a week I boil some water and disinfect them. The package states that one sponge will outlast 17 rolls of paper towels and I believe it!

I'm still working on the dish soap thing. We're without a dishwasher until we get to that point in the kitchen remodel and I'm washing a moderate amount of dishes. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

No comments: