Thursday, July 18, 2013

Do you love all of your possessions?

I've previously talked about the Tiny House movement. I discovered the idea of a tiny house when I began searching for the perfect vacation mode. I've since used some of the space saving ideas you find in tiny houses in our kitchen remodel.

I have to tell you that as our kitchen morphs we're amazed at how much larger it feels with just a few small changes but without any changes in the actual size.

Much like painting one room makes you want to paint and spruce up additional rooms, the kitchen redo has helped us to re-evaluate our possessions and whether we really need as much as we own.

I can honestly say that every decorative item I will have in my kitchen is functional. That is what makes the space work so well.

I can also attest to the fact that by freeing yourself and your life of extraneous "things" you make more room and time for what really matters to you. It's hard to believe that "things" can suck up energy and time - but they do. You just don't realize it until they're gone.

So I thought I'd share a couple of motivating articles. You can find them HERE and HERE.

I'm not sure I would ever want to downsize to the Tiny House size but you have to admire those who do.

No comments: