Thursday, July 11, 2013

Downsizing your brain: When is a Bargain not such a Bargain

Admission time.....

In my quest to downsize and create a life that includes only the best of the best I sometimes feel like I'm not making enough progress, am backsliding or simply not walking the walk closely enough.

This past weekend I realized that changes are happening and some of them are just inside where they aren't readily apparent.

We went shopping. We had a few purchases in mind - necessary purchases. The area we went to is known for bargains and in the past I would have been lured by those bargains, whether they were things I needed or not.

I'm happy to say that we came home with only the things that we actually needed and in each case the items will be replacing other items that are worn out. We walked away from dozens of great "bargains" that would have simply been possessions once purchased.

So when is a bargain not such a bargain? I'd say that no matter how high quality a bargain is not a bargain when you don't need it! I also think that a purchase should add to the quality of your life rather than complicate it. How would you answer that question?

2 comments:

Dayna Talbot said...

I would say a massage right now would add to the quality of my life~I have not just been able to fit it in! Hopefully soon......

Lannette Madden said...

Will be happy to see you whenever you find the time. I know you've had a lot going on!

Lannette