Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Guilty As Charged?

This NY Time article talks about "the 'Busy' Trap.  While I Don't totally identify with every part of the article I do identify with the negative side of too busy.

I also believe that we tend to manufacture our individual versions of busy.
Busy can keep us from things we want badly but are afraid to try. I personally feel that the negatives of busy take as heavy toll on our health as any other bad habit. But what to do in a society that rewards busy and looks down upon not busy?

I don't have an answer but I hope to figure it out. I figured I could start by taking a few minutes to actively decide what I'll make a part of each day rather than just wake up and cram as much into each day as possible. So for the past few days this blog got edged out by more important and in some cases less important things and in other cases it was simply edged out to make the day more simple. To be honest, less busy feels so good that it's a habit I've decided to cultivate. It's a natural part of decluttering your life.

Are you chronically busy? Can you think of one thing you could eliminate just for today?


Note to self, avoid sending posts from your tablet. Auto correct did a number on this when I originally sent it out. I just corrected it. I think that's enough blog busy for today. :)

No comments: