Saturday, August 17, 2013

Super Immunity: A Book Review

I just recently purchased the book Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body's Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.

I dug in and started testing recipes on myself and my family before I had even finished the book - they sounded that good! I haven't been disappointed. So far there isn't a recipe that I prepared that wasn't fairly simple to make and delicious enough to be more than worth the time it took to make it.
My family has had the same reaction. Some of the recipes are repeats from previous books but they happen to be some of our most favorite recipes so it's nice to have it all in one book. He has actually given non-vegan options for some of the recipes. I really like this because it allows for a person who isn't ready or just doesn't desire a vegan eating plan to enjoy the recipes.

One of the things I like about Dr. Fuhrman's books is that he explains in a way that's understandable without talking down to me. He educates me without wagging a finger and then I'm free to take as much or as little from his books as I'm ready to use. I tend to read and then reread them because I never fail to discover something I didn't pick up previously.

I highly recommend this book and am anxiously awaiting his cookbook which will be released in October.

No comments: