Friday, August 16, 2013

What the Heck are G-Bombs?

http://www.drfuhrman.com/shop/soups_seasonings.aspx
It sounds like a new cereal for kids - but it's not! Dr. Fuhrman uses the acronym G-BOMBS as an easy way to remember the most nutrient rich foods on the Mother Earth.  It stands for Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries and Seeds.

For additional clarification into exactly why he considers these to be the highest quality foods we can eat you can read his article on the subject HERE.

I'm a big believer in Dr. Fuhrman's recommendations though I admittedly do not follow his completely vegan program. (I also use a lot of Dr. Ann Kulze's recipes/concepts)  Despite this "less than perfect" approach I've still seen great benefits.

If you're thinking about jumping on the G-BOMBS wagon train realize that you don't have to do it all at once. You can choose one or two of the G-BOMBS foods that you like best and add more of them into your diet for a week or two. Once you have that down add one or two more. Search for simple recipes that use the foods you're trying to concentrate on.

Speaking of recipes - I've been using  the recipes in a - new to me - Fuhrman book and loving them. I plan to review the book and the recipes soon.

No comments: