Sunday, February 9, 2014

An Amazing Cookbook that Happens to Be Vegan

For Christmas I received Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week. It quickly became a favorite of both mine and my husband. What's surprising about that is the fact that my husband isn't a vegan.

I don't think we've prepared a single dish in this book that wasn't absolutely wonderful! Isa cooks using salt and oil and since I'm following Dr. Joel Fuhrman's guidelines for healthy eating I leave the oil, salt and salty ingredients out of the recipes I make from the book - yet the food still tastes wonderful!

Today we had a breakfast scramble with vegan bean sausage, oven fried Sweet Potatoes and fruit. It was delicious and equally healthy. It was also simple and fast to make even though I made the sausage from scratch.

If you aren't vegan it would be very easy to make the recipes and add in your favorite animal foods, but don't be surprised if you decide you don't need to.  

No comments: