Monday, March 24, 2014

Finished the Dr. Fuhrman 5-Day Diet-Cleanse Challenge

I've finished the 5-Day challenge and I feel wonderful! I've also come up with a plan to allow me to progress my eating, while hopefully continuing to lose weight. I realized yesterday that this is the mid-point in what I think of as my "transformation." To that end I had DH snap a mid-point photo.

As you can see I still have a way to go.  I know that continued ETL eating and T-Tapp along with walking and some running or hiking will help me lose the little pot belly and trim down my thighs and butt.

According to Dr. Fuhrman I could have as many as 19 additional pounds to lose. If  I continue to eat well and exercise regularly I should naturally stop losing weight when I hit "my perfect for me" weight. If I get too thin it will be a simple matter to add in a few more nuts or more food to increase my weight a little.

I'm happy to say that no matter what age you are you are never to old to either get in shape or get back in shape!

 

2 comments:

Renee McLaughlin said...

Hi Lynette!

I think you look fantastic. You don't have more than a pound or two (if that) to lose according to this picture and we all know pictures add on at least 10 pounds. I have been experimenting with Dr. Furhmans program too. I thought I'd be really hungry without my animal protein but I find that is just not the case. I actually feel better...lighter and better digestion. It has helped me keep my weight down while eating plenty of food. Are you just doing his regular ETL plan or something speical (diet cleanse challenge??) Take good care!!!

Lannette Madden said...

Hi Renee!
So exciting that you are also checking into Dr. Dr. Fuhrman's program.

I am back to a regular ETL diet lifestyle now. The cleanse challenge is only meant to be followed for 5 days.

I tend to feel best on the foods from a combo of his diabetes and autoimmune protocols.

Thank you for the kind words on my weight. The weight loss has slowed after I lost a few more pounds but the inches continue to drop. Where I end up only my body knows. :)