Monday, December 22, 2014

Pivotal Living Tracker 1 Review!

Is a $12.00 fitness tracking device too good to be true?  The Pivotal living 1 promises to do what those brand name $100.00 fitness trackers do for $12.00/per year. Yes, you pay yearly for app access and the device is free. When I heard about this device there was no way I couldn't order one and it arrived today.

You can now order the Pivotal Tracker 1 Activity and Sleep Monitor [Amazon Exclusive]at Amazon. It's backordered but will be delivered via Prime shipping once available. It's a great way to try it while knowing you can return it hassle free if you're not pleased.

Initially this app was only available for Apple mobile devices. Then today Pivotal Living released the android version of the app. Be forewarned if you attempt to download the app from the google playstore you will most likely get a notice that your device is not compatible. Go to the Facebook page for pivotal living and look under comments. A direct dropbox download link has been posted. (I hope those links I just inserted work properly.)

I was able to download the app to both my HTC One Max and my Kindle Fire HDX 3rd Generation tablet. (I'm amazed and thrilled that it would download to the kindle.) I did a couple sets of hoedowns and it seemed to do them justice as far as step totals. :) I then signed into both apps, one after the other and my totals were there!

I can't figure out the hydration thing as of yet and others have been having the same problem but the company seems responsive and I believe they will be updating the app until it's 100%.

Tonight I'll check out the sleep function.

Honestly, for $12.00 it would be great to simply be able to read your step totals for the day. Having an app that stores them for multiple days is icing on the cake. Or make that soy yogurt on the fruit if you're looking for a healthier analogy.

I've got to go rack up some steps but I'll be updating this review as I give this baby a run for its money.

Editing this post to add a LINK that the company provided to explain tracking your hydration. Easy peasy! Who needs a $100.00 tracker!

Editing this post to state that the sleep function worked amazingly well. Also wanted to update that I wasn't able to get the alarm function to work but the company is aware and as responsive as they seem I'm assuming that they are working on it.

There's an additional function that reminds you to move every 10 minutes. It's not working yet but when the company does get everything up and working this band will be a thing of beauty for $15.00 shipped.

Editing to add an Android update link. Please note that while the previous update left some people with a fully functional app it didn't work for me. It left my app unable to update. I ended up uninstalling it and downloading the original version. I'm going to wait to see if it updates on its own.

Editing to share the fact that this band has gotten more and more problematic. The company seems to be trying to fix the issues but I'm wondering why they didn't do more testing pre-release. They've apparently fired their entire engineering team and are hiring another team. This sounds a bit like they're pushing off the blame. Was the original team working in a vacuum without oversight from higher ups? At this point I'm not bothering to wear my band but will watch for updates in case they get their app together.

3 comments:

lynnie said...

Please provide more detail on how you downloaded the app to your Kindle.

Thanks.

Lannette Madden said...

Hi Lynnie, Originally I downloaded it from this site.
http://m.downloadatoz.com/apps/com.pivotalliving.www,1241737/download.html

The apps have gone through a few upgrades and the last time I tried it my Kindle wasn't working. This is because it is no longer supporting multiple app functionality - one band apps on two different phones, tablets, etc.

They hope to change this soon.

Lannette Madden said...

Wanted too add that at some point I want to take my PL app off my phone and retest the app on my Kindle Fire.
I'll report here when I do. I have just been too busy to try it.