Monday, July 6, 2015

Angiogenesis and fat loss

I just became aware of this amazing power lifter through a response by Dr. Fuhrman on his ask the doctor forums.

His name is Nate Jordan and he's the only strict nutritarian powerlifter in the world. What's interesting is that he weighs less than 170 pounds but can read lift 475# without a belt!
Even more amazing is the fact that he has 4 percent body fat! A power-lifter who's built like a bodybuilder.
In the bottom video he talks about angiogenesis and how what we eat can inhibit it in order to inhibit our body fat percentage. What's really cool is....it works! There are more videos on his YouTube channel. I'm not sure how this text became highlighted but I can't get it to go away.


Ok so this just keeps getting better. Check out video three. He lost 100 pounds!
.

This post has been way more popular than I ever imagined it would be. I've had a couple people say that they can't view the videos so I'm going to find written info to link to. One problem I'm having is that much of the info I'm finding has been published by groups with a vested interest in the almighty $$$. They tend to choose the foods they list accordion the $ they will bring in rather than the foods that are actually the most nutrient dense.

Never fear, I'll find what I'm looking for.

HERE'S A DECENT ARTICLE



There are more articles and videos HERE. The TED talk goes into the fat loss and obesity connection at about 14:42.

No comments: