Tuesday, September 1, 2015

DIY Move to Detox Week - Movement of Energy

You can find the first post in this series HERE. My goodness, I made this rotation sound like a ton of exercise! In reality most days it can total between 45 minutes to an hour if you're using DVDS.

I decided I'll put each classification of movement for the rotation in a separate post. The trial run has already been so enjoyable that my brain keeps coming up with additional ways to work the plan. Keeping each classification separate will make it easier to add additional dvds that fit into each particular classification.

The idea is to use DVDs that are either 15-25 minutes long or are broken down into 15-25 minute chapters. The first classification is the "Movement of Energy" and the first thing that came to my mind was Kundalini Yoga and the second thing that came to my mind was Ravi and Ana! So that's what I've been doing!

I decided to use Fat Free Yoga - Lose Weight & Feel Great w/ Ana Brett & Ravi Singh first.
It wasn't a search for weight loss that convinced me to use it. This DVD has has 4 sections that vary in length from 15 minutes to 20 minutes. It also has a deep relaxation and two brief meditations. By using a section a day and teaming the relaxation with a meditation for two additional days I've got 6 days of Energy Work sessions.

I'm editing to add an additional reason for using this DVD that I forgot to mention previously. Peppered through the segments of this DVD are the most positive uplifting statements! They really leave me feeling a sense of self content. I hope they do the same for you.

On day 7 I decided I'll use the 5- minute Energy Medicine Session from Donna Eden's Energy Medicine Kit. 

Anna and Ravi have additional DVDs which are chaptered and easy to break up. I'm also pondering a few other DVDs and will post them here if I go on to try them. If you have suggestions please post them in the comments section. I'd love to hear your ideas and thoughts!

Humankind the third post in this series HERE.

No comments: