Monday, August 19, 2019

Day Lilly Bulbs & The Throw And Grow Method of Gardening

I subscribe to the “Throw & Grow” Method of gardening. It’s an incredibly easy method. You throw the seeds on tilled ground or if you’re really ambitious, plant bulbs or a purchased plant and let them know that survival is more or less up to them.

I love watching them adapt and grow and, truth be told, I’m not above giving them an assist or moving them if they’re really struggling.

This is not the fast track to a showcase garden. It’s more a lesson on the attributes of your gardening area and how amazingly resilient plants can be.

So....These day Lily’s were planted over 20 years ago. I got them on clearance. Day Lily’s tend to do well in our area, but these struggled. Yet - here they are 20+ years later and totally thriving.

My plan is to plant more Day Lily varieties and see how they do. I’ll also see if I can split these and move some bulbs to another area.

You can probably make out some Lupine foliage too. There’s a story behind them but that’s for another time.


No comments: